We have been a little surprised at the sudden announcement last night that the Housing market can reopen with viewings and valuations returning if social distancing is observed.
In order to serve you all well we are cautiously reviewing all guidelines and announcements & preparing our own policies and procedures in order to maintain the health & safety of our staff & clients.
Robert Jenrick, The Secretary of State for Housing, Communities & Local Government, is addressing Parliament this morning and we will be watching this to determine new guidelines or developments.
However, if the new Government guidelines remain as currently stand, we will be briefing staff & implementing our procedures over the next few days with an aim to reinstate viewings and valuations by Saturday May the 16th, if we can do so safely.
We will continue to work from home where possible as we feel this is the safest process for our staff at present. Should our clients need to meet us we will make arrangements on an individual basis and adhering to strict social distancing guidelines. New Legislation document can be found here.
Our new Valuation & Viewing Policy is:
- Ensure all involved have correct PPE
- Only 2 people to view at any one time
- Adhere to strict 2m social distancing guidelines at all times
- ‘Doors Open’ policy in place – Occupiers must open all doors and turn on all lighting, prior to the Viewing/Valuation.
- ‘Non Contact’ policy in place – Viewers are not to have contact with the property surfaces including doors, switches, taps etc
- Occupiers to be absent from the property during the Viewing/Valuation
- Agent to clean any necessary surfaces with appropriate wipes post Viewing/Valuation.
We had been preparing for a possible June 1st return to viewings and valuations and it is no secret the Government’s announcement with regards the Housing Industry last night has come as a surprise.
We feel the need to operate with caution and ensure we are applying responsibility and intelligence to our decisions.
Our Virtual Tours and Online Valuation services are all up and running for those clients who are not comfortable with the new guidelines at present. We had not slowed down on Sales Progression of current Sales we are managing & we have not stopped managing rental properties. We have indeed been exceptionally busy & we look forward to a renewed market as soon as possible.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries at all and we look forward to working with you again in a safe and responsible manner.
Stay safe and well and keep in touch.
Neil Guilfoyle – Director
TREND & THOMAS ESTATE AGENTS